The new version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM, formerly code-named “Titan,” has been completed and released to manufacturing. The new version is offered under two product names: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 for on-premise and partner-hosted deployments and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Live for Microsoft-hosted deployment.
Designed with a single unified-code base for both on-premise and on-demand deployments, Microsoft Dynamics CRM enables customers to choose the right deployment model for their specific business and IT needs, with the flexibility to change deployment models over time if their needs or preferences change.
Some of the significant new benefits and capabilities of this new release include these:
- An advanced multitenant architecture that supports multiple customers per server.
- Extended global capabilities including user choice of more than 25 languages and pervasive support for multiple currencies.
- New business intelligence capabilities including cross-entity views and an end-user ad hoc reporting wizard.
- Advanced business process automation based on Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation.
- New collaboration capabilities with Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 including real-time presence indicators within the CRM application.