Dell announced a completely new line of Latitude and Dell Precision laptops, ranging from the lightest ultra-portable in the company’s history to the most powerful mobile workstation.
Dell’s re-engineered Latitude lineup answers a wide range of user profiles:
- Ultra-Portable – Dell Latitude E4200 is a 12.1-inch laptop that starts at 2.2 pounds, making it the lightest commercial notebook in the company’s history.1 The 13.3-inch Latitude E4300 has a starting weight of 3.3 pounds.1 Designed for road warriors and executives who demand maximum performance and light weight, the systems will be available in the coming weeks.
- Mainstream – The Dell Latitude E6400 and E6500, available today, are 14.1- and 15.4-inch laptops that start at $1,139 and $1,169, respectively. The systems are ideal desktop replacements for high-performance users.
- Essential – The Latitude E5400, a 14.1-inch notebook, starts at $839, and the E5500, a 15.4-inch notebook starts at $869. Available today, the systems include everyday features at a cost-effective price.
- Semi-Rugged – The Latitude E6400 ATG is a 14.1-inch semi-rugged laptop that starts at $2,399 and will be available next week. It is built and tested to meet Military 810F standards for dust, vibration and humidity.
- Desk-Based – From new port replicators to full docking solutions that fit any usage scenario with smaller footprints and streamlined cabling, users can “hot undock.”